To: All Residents
Date: February 12, 2014
Winter Storm Warning in effect; 8:00pm Wednesday to 3:00 pm Thursday.
The entire region is under a winter storm warning from 8:00pm Wednesday, February 12, 2014 through 3:00pm Thursday, February 13, 2014. This storm is expected to produce 4 – 10 inches of wet snow followed by a period of freezing rain. We have taken all appropriate measures to ensure that the building is fully winterized, to ensure hot water, heat and in the event of extreme circumstances, the back-up generator is fully fueled and operable.
Please be advised, in the event of significant accumulation, the Management Office will be closed, and the concierge desk will operate on an emergency/holiday schedule: 11am – 7pm. Conditions are expected to be very severe; we encourage all of our residents to avoid travel, if possible. Please allow all crews to effectively and safely treat all passageways, roadways and walkways in and around River Place, to ensure safety for all residents.
The overview of the storm is as follows:
- Precipitation type: Heavy snow and sleet.
- Accumulations: 4 to 10 inches.
- Timing: snow will overspread the area from the south between 8 pm and 10 pm this evening. Snow will be heavy at times tonight into Thursday morning. Snow is expected mix with sleet and rain late Thursday morning into Thursday afternoon.
- Temperatures: in the mid-20s tonight, slowly rising into the lower to middle 30s Thursday afternoon.
- Winds: Northeast 5 to 15 mph this evening, becoming north and increasing to 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph late tonight and Thursday.
- Impacts: roads will become snow and sleet covered and slippery. Travel will be dangerous tonight and Thursday. Heavy wet snow coupled with gusty winds could lead to some power outages.
Should you have any questions or concerns related to the storm, please visit www.arlingtonva.us for more information.
Thank you – Management