The Arlington County Police Department, Virginia State Police, United States Park Police, and the Virginia Department of Transportation will close multiple roadways on Wednesday, July 4th, 2018. These closures are designed to facilitate the safe passage of large crowds for the Independence Day events and fireworks. The following roadways will be closed to accommodate the festivities:
6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Memorial Bridge / Memorial Circle
1:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Marshall Drive from Route 110 to N. Meade Street
- N. Meade St. from N. 14th St. to Marshall Dr.
3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Route 50 (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
- Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Exit ramp from eastbound Route 50 to N. Meade Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Long Bridge Dr. from Boundary Channel Dr. to S. 10th
8:30 PM to 11:00 PM
- Eastbound Route 50 at Washington Blvd. All traffic diverted from Rt. 50 on ramps to East and West Washington Blvd.
- Eastbound N. 10th ramp to eastbound Rt. 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Rt. 50
- Courthouse Rd. ramp to eastbound Rt. 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Rt. 50 or N. 10th St.
- Pershing Dr. at Rt. 50 will only be allowed westbound
- Eastbound N. Fairfax Drive from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive
- Columbia Pike between S. Orme Street and S. Joyce St.
- Joyce Street between Army Navy Drive and Columbia Pike
Street parking in the areas of the US Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima), Long Bridge Park, and Air Force Memorial will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs and illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, please call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.