We are pleased to announce the official commencement of the Elevator Modernization Project!
Please refer to commonly asked questions and answers related to the Modernization Project, below:
What is an Elevator Modernization?
- The Elevator Modernization project is a complete overhaul/enhancement of the existing operating controls and aesthetics of the current elevators.
How long is the project expected to last?
- Each cab will require approximately 2 -3 months to complete the full modernization, considering that there are three cabs to be modernized, the expected duration of the project is 6 – 9 months, granted there are no unforeseen circumstances which may cause a delay.
Will elevator service be affected?
- During the project, there will only be two elevators functioning at any given time. As a result, service will be delayed as the quantity of elevators available, will be limited to just two operating cabs. Elevator reservations will be limited during the duration of the project. All previously scheduled reservations made on or before September 1, 2017 will be honored; however, new reservations will be limited.
Will the elevators be serviced during the Modernization project?
- Anticipating the effects of this project, we have secured a new ElevatorMaintenance Contractor: ThyssenKrupp Elevators (TKE). TKE has been in the business for over 40 years and is well equipped to produce a speedy modernization; in addition, we have secured a high level service agreement to be in effect during the duration of the project. This service agreement offers 24 hour service, 7 days per week; the agreement also affords a service technician to be on-site, daily, to address any mechanical/service needs that may arise during working modernization hours.
What elevator will be the first to be modernized?
- The freight elevator (cab 3) will be the first to be modernized. This will allow the freight elevator to be available as quickly as possible, in an effort to restore reservation services and cargo deliveries.
What is the current modernization schedule?
- A full modernization schedule will be forwarded to all residents in advance of the project. However, based upon the current time frame, the project will span through June 2018.
Please feel free to reach out to the Management Office with any questions or concerns you may have. We may be reached via phone: 703-276-0025, Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm OR via e-mail at: Elevators@riverplaceeast.com